Media Release:Audio, video, and still photographic recordings may be taken of you in connection with your participation in SciCommCamp events.
By participating in SciCommCamp events, you hereby assign and authorize SciCommCamp, LLC the right to such audio, video, and still photographic recordings, as well as your name and biographical material, as well as the right to reproduce, copy, exhibit, and distribute said recordings, without limitation, for SciCommCamp publicity and promotional purposes. Your participation at SciCommCamp confers upon you no rights of use, ownership, or copyright in said audio, video, and still photographic recordings, unless otherwise agreed upon in writing. Any and all material furnished by you to SciCommCamp for use during your participation must be either your own property or otherwise authorized for such use without obligation to you or any third party.
SciCommCamp will not sell recorded content, but content may be posted to social media feeds(including, but not limited to, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Storify, YouTube, etc) and to SciCommCamp.com.
1. Personal information that you directly provide to us, which includes information you supply when you register with us.
2. Non-personal information that's automatically gathered as you use SciCommCamp.com, which includes tracking information for our site.
When required for SciCommCamp event registration or other services, we may store your name, address, telephone number, and email address. We do not store credit card numbers except for the last 4 digits. This information will only be shared with third parties who perform tasks required to complete the purchase transaction.
We perform statistical analyses of users of the site, and their viewing and participation patterns, for product development purposes and to generally inform advertisers about the nature of our audience.
We may collect non-personal information about the computer, mobile device or other device you use to access SciCommCamp services, such as IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language and other transactional information.
We use various technologies, including cookies, to manage SciCommCamp.com and track use of the content we provide, including standard web analytics information, aggregated data about email click-through rates, information collected through HTML cookies, Flash cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies, and demographics and other details that are provided to SciCommCamp to help us customize the site based on your preferences.
Cookies provide a mechanism for us to understand how you use the site over time so that we can provide you the best user experience according to your expressed preferences. We do not sell this information to any third party, but may provide information to partners that assist us in updating, managing or maintaining our websites.
We may collect and use information about your location (such as your country) to provide a tailored, language-specific experience for your region, but we don’t collect any exact data of you or your device. You can change the settings on your computer or mobile device to prevent your location information from being shared with us. In case you wish to opt-out of the tracking and cookies, please feel free to manage your settings on your browser in privacy, or select other ways to opt-out so that the cookies and/or ad features are turned off.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the appropriate use of information, we put in place commercially reasonable physical, technical and administrative controls to protect your information. Please note that no method of transmission over the internet is 100% secure.
3. SciCommCamp Accounts. In some areas of SciCommCamp, you may be asked to create an account, access information and or upload data to help use the SciCommCamp site or application. These accounts are only available for individuals that are 13 and older. If you create an account, you are required to provide complete and accurate information. If you have created an account and do not wish to access SciCommCamp Content, you may follow the user instructions applicable for that SciCommCamp site or platform and or ask us to manually deactivate your account. In case you have created a password, you should keep this confidential at all times. All SciCOmmCamp sites must be used based on our guidelines and policies and if SciCommCamp determines in its sole discretion that you are not using the site in the way it was intended, we have the right to deactivate your account at any time.
4. Posting Content. You represent and warrant that any material you post to SciCommCamp, does not infringe an another party’s intellectual property rights or any federal, state, or local and country law that may apply regarding the posting of material. You also agree that any Content you post will not infringe on any third party right -- including copyright, trademark, patent, right of publicity or other intellectual property right, and will not slander, defame, libel or invade the right of privacy or publicity of any other person. If you submit any Content to SciCommCamp (translations, questions, comments or otherwise) you understand and agree that it may be used by SciCommCamp for any reason throughout the world without requirement or consent.
You agree that you provide a license for SciCommCamp to use your Content worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free and perpetual non-revocable license for SciCommCamp to use in whatever way SciCommCamp deems appropriate throughout the world in whole or in part, in any media platforms available now or developed in the future. You are required to follow and be familiar with the Community Guidelines. If you post material or misuse SciCommCamp in a way that infringes on another party’s intellectual property rights, or these policies, you understand that we may remove the posting and that you agree to indemnify SciCommCamp based on the indemnification provided below.
5. DMCA Notice. SciCommCamp sites may post SciCommCamp Talks and Content from around the world. While SciCommCamp strives to ensure all ideas posted are credible, based on facts and does not infringe on other people’s intellectual property rights, there may be an occasion that Content is provided by other parties, and/or may include content that infringes on the copyright another third party. If this happens, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on any SciCommCamp sites infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by SciCommCamp sites infringes your copyright, you (or your agent) may send SciCommCamp a notice requesting the material be removed or access to it blocked. The notice must include the following information:
1. Your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address
2. Sufficient detail identifying the copyrighted work alleged to have been infringed
3. Identification of the material that you claim to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to allow SciCommCamp to locate the material on the Site
4. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law such as “I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.”
5. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed such as “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
6. An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner that is allegedly infringed.
All claims of copyright infringement should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. License to SciCommCamp Content. SciCommCamp content is owned by SciCommCamp, provided on SciCommCamp.com and any other site that we manage or license to. Unless otherwise indicated on the website, audio and video files, transcripts and/or information about a speaker, are licensed via Creative Commons license (CC BY -- NC -- ND 4.0 International), which means that certain SciCommCamp Content may be used for personal and/or educational purposes as long as the license terms are followed. You agree not to distribute any SciCommCamp Content without SciCommCamp’s prior written authorization, unless SciCommCamp makes available the means for such distribution through functionality offered from at SciCommCamp (such as an embeddable player).
8. Podcasts. Any MP3, MP4 audio files and XML files that are developed by SciCommCamp or co-produced by SciCommCamp as a podcast provided via a SciCommCamp platform, or third party platform are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All rights to podcast(s) are as defined by the hosting provider, SciCommCamp, and/or the applicable terms through a subscription or via a third party hosting provider. However in all instances SciCommCamp podcasts are available for personal, noncommercial use only.
Unless otherwise indicated, you may only use the podcast for personal, noncommercial purposes, provided that: you do not modify or delete any of the podcast Content nor individual audio files, you do not redistribute the audio files made available as part of the podcast, the use or display does not suggest that SciCommCamp promotes or endorses any third party causes, ideas, products or service. Audio files made available for download are not to be reproduced, edited, re-transmitted, or in any way repurposed without prior consent from SciCommCamp.
SciCommCamp reserves the right to discontinue providing podcast(s) and to require that you cease accessing or using the podcast(s) or any elements of the podcast at any time for any reason.
9. No Warranties. All Content is made available AS IS and SciCommCamp does not offer any warranty of any kind, or that the Content will be accurate, complete, or error-free. SciCommCamp is not liable for the usage of, implementation of, impact from, or communication of the ideas presented in any Content.
11. Limitation of Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL SCICOMMCAMP OR ITS PARENT ORGANIZATION, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, PARTNERS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE ACCESS OF, USE OR INABILITY TO USE SCICOMMCAMP CONTENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION USE OF OR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION, INTERRUPTIONS, ERRORS, DEFECTS, MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, DELETIONS OF FILES, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, NON-DELIVERY OF INFORMATION, DISCLOSURE OF COMMUNICATIONS, OR ANY OTHER FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE.